I had to disassemble my • Vapolution 2.0 vaporizer. There was no information on the internet so I threw up this page. Hope it helps someone. EXIT


Obviously Vapolution doesn't want moronic tweakers like you taking apart their products, because they secure them with a tamper-proof screw called a Tri-wing. This makes it hard to grab a screwdriver and disassemble on a drug induced whim. Exactly why this high security closure will be explained below.

The screws are hiding under the 4 rubber pads, pick them out to expose the screw heads. The pads remain sticky so you can put them back on if you don't damage the screws too bad.

Obtain a #4 Tri-wing tool from somewhere. A #3 will probably work but the screws were in pretty darn tight. The bite you get on a Tri-wing seems slightly better than halfway between a slotted screw and a phillips head. Using the wrong tool may damage the top of the special flat screw, making the sticky rubber feet hard to keep on.

Images/Tri-wing_bit_size_4.jpg

I was going to replace the Tri-wing screws with phillips heads, but found no such flat-top screws exist in my hardware store. So I got to be glad I did not ruin the original screws. If you re-use the nice rubber feet just get used to re-using the bastard screws too, since they are flat-topped and the pads stick to them nicely.


The vaporizer should be held firmly upside-down during disassemble. Be VERY careful lifting the bottom up gently! The divot in the base actually compresses a cylinder packed with • Vermiculite insulation.

Images/Vermiculite.jpg

Vermiculite is messy and difficult to clean up when spilled, having the approximate attributes of styrofoam packing peanuts. Vermiculite can also contain small amounts of asbestos, and the quality of the mineral in this vaporizer is unknown. If you must handle the vermiculite, it may help to humidify it first.
All I needed to do was put a different size DC power jack, since the original 2.5mm center pin would not play nice with my 12volt DC system. I was not really interested in removing the messy stuff to see what the Vermiculite was insulating. I understand that it is a glass test tube wrapped in resistance wire and possibly sealed with a ceramic.

I actually run mine at 14.2 volts, which is what my • AGM auxiliary battery charges at. The vaporizer will work fine at higher voltages, you just need to adjust the heat downward accordingly since it is not thermostatically controlled. If you are running from some sort of power pack, your measurement in a no-load state is not going to be accurate for the battery under load. An interesting mod would be to put a voltmeter in the extra space below to see what kind of power the element is using.


No doubt about it, the Vapolution is a great vaporizer. It is solidly made and survived more parties than I expected it to. The 12 volt operation is great for off-grid users like me.